September 26 and 27, 2022
The Procedures Course is designed to enable emergency and critical care physicians develop the mastery necessary to confidently perform a wide range of basic and complex resuscitative procedures when the time comes.
Procedural teaching will be conducted by a group of renowned experts in trauma management from the Alfred Emergency & Trauma Centre, Australasia’s largest trauma service. Teaching will be enhanced by the use of un-embalmed cadavers and low cadaver-to-patient ratio.
The procedures covered include:
– Surgical airway (cricothyroidotomy)
– Orbital decompression (lateral canthotomy and cantholysis)
– Pleural decompression (finger thoracostomy and pleural drainage)Vascular access (MAC line / RIC line / Intraosseous access)
– Temporary trans-venous cardiac pacing
– Pericardial decompression (including resuscitative thoracotomy)
– Retrieval limb amputation
– Resuscitative hysterotomy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
– Emergency/Intensive Care/Anaesthetic Consultants
– Rural GPs/CMOs involved in retrievals/trauma resuscitation
– Senior Critical Care Registrars (Emergency/Intensive Care/Anaesthetic/Retrieval)
AUD $5500 (excluding GST)
Registration fees include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Come for the Procedures Course and stay for DevelopingEM 2022