Developing EM Code of Conduct
Please find below the code of conduct for all faculty, delegates, sponsors, suppliers and staff.
We believe this code explicitly supports our values and is designed to support a fun and safe environment for all participants to enjoy the meeting.
The document includes ways to report any concerns participants may have.
Participant Statement of Conduct for DevelopingEM 2022 Darwin
DEM is dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable conference experience for everyone, regardless of race, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion or other characteristics.
DEM expects that all delegates, speakers, organisers, volunteers, contractors, suppliers and staff (and any other person associated with the conference) will, at all times, act responsibly and:
- Treat all equally, fairly and with respect, without regard to race, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion or other characteristics.
- Help to support the aims and objectives of DEM and support a safe and enjoyable learning environment;
- Help to foster an environment that values diversity and collaboration;
- Comply with the instructions provided by conference organisers and facilitators;
- Comply with the laws of the countries in which the conference is held and operated, and with all policies and procedures of the conference;
- Refrain from actions that may constitute bullying, harassment, sexual harassment or sexual abuse; and
- Report to the conference organisers any concerns regarding the behaviour of those associated with DEM.
DevelopingEM will not tolerate violations of these principles, such as:
- Fraud, theft and misuse of physical assets, funds or stock;
- Sexual exploitation or abuse;
- Bullying or harassment; or
- Corruption, (including nepotism, conflicts of interest, bribery or abuse of position).
These examples are not exhaustive. The conference organisers may take action in response to potential violations that could include issuing warnings, sanctions, or expulsion from the conference without a refund.
If you suspect that the behaviour of a delegate, speaker, organiser, volunteer, contractor, supplier or other person associated with the conference has fallen short of this statement of conduct, or that a violation similar to the examples suggested has taken place, or may take place, you may contact;
- Staff at the registration desk or email them and they will refer this to the organizing committee or mail DEM at the address below and we will respond to your concern / complaint
- Alternatively you may submit a concern or complaint in writing to DEM staff at the registration desk or you can mail a letter to our office (11 Dido St, Kiama, NSW, 2533 Australia).
Thank you for helping us make DevelopingEM 2022 a wonderful, safe and inclusive event.
The Co-Directors Developing EM Ltd