Well after a deserved break we are back, and we’re off to Colombo, Sri Lanka for DevelopingEM 2016.
This year we welcome our friend and colleague Sanj Fernando to the management team. Sanj not only has Sri Lankan heritage but has spent a great deal of time promoting critical care education within the country. He has connected DevelopingEM with an outstanding group of local critical care clinicians who’s enthusiasm for the process has been hard to contain.
Ive just returned from Sri Lanka and was lucky enough to be hosted by this fantastic local team drawn from the Sri Lankan Medical Association (SLMA), Post Graduate Institute of Medicine (PGIM) and the Sri Lankan Society of Critical Care and Emergency Medicine (SSCCEM).
The interest in the DevelopingEM process from across the critical care specialties within Sri Lanka has truly been extraordinary and I think it bodes well for another amazing conference.
Between the 5th and 8th of December, 2016, you too can experience the unique DevelopingEM experience with colleagues from around Sri Lanka and the region.
Our fifth conference will build on the successful formats from Sydney, Havana and Salvador with
- Short, sharp, clinically relevant critical care presentations aimed at the senior clinician
- Excellent, engaging, renowned presenters
- Direct involvement of local clinicians
- Preconference workshops
- more time for interaction and discussion
- site visits to health facilities in Colombo and the historic fort city of Galle
Of course our core objectives will remains central to this conference
- not for profit model with zero industry sponsorship
- regional delegate sponsorship and assistance
- free open access to all DevelopingEM presentations
We have already had great interest from incredible presenters from around the globe so we’re hopeful of another fantastic program.
Our registration portal will be ready for action in a little over a month so stay tuned so you can take advantage of the early bird specials.
Both Lee, Sanj, I and our Sri Lankan team cant wait to see you in Colombo in 2016.
Lee, Sanj and Mark.